First things First
The socket-outlet shall be installed near the equipment and shall be easily accessible
Set up a new Bond – Connect the BOND to your home WIFI network
- Make sure you have a working wireless network
- Plug the Bond to an outlet
- The Light ring will be white while the BOND is in boot up mode
- BOND light ring will flicker green when the BOND is ready to be used
- Download BOND app at [app store URL]
- Open the BOND app.
- Create an account if you want to control your appliances with Amazon Echo
- Just Skip account registration if you do not have an Amazon Echo – set up the BOND as stand alone
- Choose set up a new BOND
- Go to your iPad Settings, select Wi-Fi, and connect to the BOND network. It should be something like BOND 1X2Y3Z4.
- Select your network you want the BOND to connect to and enter the network password.
- Once connected to your network the BOND light ring will turn blue.
- Choose from the list the location of the BOND
- The BOND dash board now is available and you can start adding appliances
Connect to a BOND that is already configured on your WIFI network
- This applies to a BOND that was already set up on your network – this means that the BOND is already familiar with the WIFI network you want to connect to it
- Make sure your iPad/iPhone is connected to the WIFI network the BOND was or is connected to
- Open the App and hit ” skip”
- In order to connect to the BOND choose “connect to an existing BOND”
- The iPad/iPhone will search the BOND on the network it is connected to and once found present all the devices that were programmed onto the BOND
Add a fan
- From the BOND dashboard choose “ add Fan”
- Choose the function/button that best represent the function of your remote to be programmed into the BOND – speed 1 speed 2, Off , light on any will do.
- Start the scanning process on the App
- Aim your remote at the BOND and PRESS and HOLD the function you want to record
- The BOND blue light will flicker as it is scanning your remote:
- The BOND will start flickering faster once the signal of your remote is detected
- keep pressing and holding the remote function you want to program as long as the blue light is flickering
- When your remote signal was recorded the BOND light will change to GREEN for two seconds to signal successful recording and then go back to solid blue
- Almost done:
- If we found your remote in our database – no more work on your part…. Test it and approve that it is working for you.
- If your remote is special – you will have to repeat the recording process for each function on your remote.
- Once you are done verifying the programming hit the “done” and just enjoy the breeze.
Move the BOND from one WIFI network to another
- In order to move the BOND from an existing wifi network to another wifi network the BOND needs to be reset to “Access Point” mode
- In order to reset the BOND toand access point mode the Reset button needs to be pressed and held for at least 3 seconds until the BLUE light turns to flashing GREEN
- Once the BOND light is flashing GREEN release the RESET button.
- Pressing the RESET button for more than 8 seconds will trigger a factory RESET which in addition to deleting the network information will delete the BOND database/Memory – all the reprogrammed remotes
- To initiate the factory RESET press on the RESET button for more than 8 seconds and until the Light is blinking WHITE
Control your appliances with Amazon Echo
- In order to connect Alexa and BOND you need to create a user name in the BOND app and associated it to your Alexa account. If you already have a BOND account, go to step c.
- In the intro screen create a user name and password.
- You can also create a user ID or sign in from the BOND dash board.
- Once a user name and password is created go to the Alexa app and chose “skills”.
- In skills choose the BOND skill and enter your BOND user and password to authenticate the BOND.
How to interact with Alexa
- The invocation word for the BOND is HOME BOND.
- Once you say “Alexa, ask HOME BOND…” the BOND skill will kick in.
- You will also need to specify which Fan to control (OFFICE FAN, Kitchen FAN etc) and then the command you would like to execute ( SPEED 1, OFF, ON etc)
Alexa, Tell HOME BOND to turn the OFFICE FAN to SPEED 1
Alexa: Ask HOME BOND to set the OFFICE FAN to LIGHT TOGGLE
Alexa: Ask HOME BOND to set the KITCHEN FAN to POWER OFF
Set up a timer
- On the Fan dash board, click on the timer icon.
- Select the Fan function you would like to trigger with the timer – speed 1 , OFF , Light etc
- Select the time for the functions to be triggered.
- Once everything is set, click on Start, and the countdown will begin. You can continue using the BOND app, the timer will still be running in the background. The countdown will also be shown at the Fan dash board.
- You can pause or stop a timer at anytime.
Set up schedule and comfort zones
- On the Fan dash board screen, click on the calendar icon.
- A calendar will open with a week schedule
- Press over a calendar time slot to create a new event , you can also tap the “+” button. A popover will appear with the settings setup
- A Calendar event must have a Start Time and End Time
- Calendar event can have a Fan Function defined ( speed, light etc) OR Temperature and Humidity settings
- By selecting target Temperature or target Humidity the BOND will operate your fan until the temperature and humidity settings are met
- An Event can be repeated over the week days by selecting which days it will be repeated.